Por Nick Potter
In this series we look at real-life examples of the most common mistakes in English by native Spanish lawyers. These and lots more invaluable tips are available in a new e-book/paperback, here: 50 English Tips for Spanish Professionals.
Question: Which ONE of A – F below is correct?
|A||Certain properties derived from enforcement of the mortgage securing the Loans (the “Collaterals”) will also be sold|
|B||Part of this taxable income could be reduced through depreciations and financial expenses|
|C||Interests are paid on the last day of each interest period|
|D||We are working in the best interests of our client|
|E||The compensations paid to employees under the Restructuring Agreement|
|F||The Parties shall negotiate an appropriate compensation|
Before you read the answer, remember:
- He earns a good income (countable – a particular case)
- An increase in income will cause demand to rise (uncountable – income in general)
- Average household income is higher in London
|A||Certain properties derived from enforcement of the mortgage securing the Loans (the |
|B||Part of this taxable income could be reduced through |
|D||We are working in the best interests of our client [CORRECT]|
|F||The Parties shall negotiate |
When is interest uncountable?
- Declaration of directors' interests under the Companies Act 2006
- A stakeholder is any person, group or institution with an interest in the project